Monday, August 3, 2009

Sickness and other Happenings

When I was up at school I would experience occasional moments of home sickness. It would hit me as a churning emptiness in the pit of my stomach that can't quite be described. I would often find these moments just after I had got out of the shower ( I can't explain this, it's just how it went down). The moments never stayed long, but they would always appear at the most random times. I haven't felt this indescribable ache since my college days and I thought myself ridden of such pain. That remained true until this morning. I sent Roy off to scout camp and headed home to ready myself for work. Those void moments after stepping out of the shower, were suddenly filled with that dreadful emptiness. Aghhh! I hate that feeling and I'm glad it didn't linger, but I found it very odd that it happened today of all days.

Among the other happings in our life:
-we will have surpassed our 2yr mark on August 4th.

-I indulged myself in a new pair of running shoes.

-Roy left his phone at the running store

-I made homemade chowmein

-Roy has become the family's official bike mechanic

-I have to find 2 new advisers for the Mia Maid class

-We have yet to eat at Ruth's Diner...not happy about that :(

-I'm home alone for a week (not too daunting, I've done it before)

everything else is just maintaining.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Congrats on 2 years! Sorry you're all alone this week. Maybe you can use this time to get caught up on stuff.