Friday, August 21, 2009

Darkness and Personal Space

I'm sitting at work today trying to keep my eyes opened. I've determined it's going to be a long day, not a bad day...just a long day. My body is craving sleep and I haven't been giving it what it needs. So in an effort to keep myself going today I've been thinking about more important things like....

-Summer slipping away. This morning when I got up at 5:30 to run, I did so with the intention of running 4.5 miles. However, at 5:30 the sun had not yet shown itself. I didn't feel confident running in the dark without sidewalks, and seeing as the longer run twists itself though busy thorough ways lacking said sidewalks I opted for the shorter 3 miler. I like watching the first sun beams breaking their way over the Wasatch range in the morning, but today I was deprived. Even as I finished my run the sun had not crept over the peaks. Lame! What's the point of getting up and running if you can't enjoy a splendid sunrise I ask you? So for this reason I'm in mourning for the passing of summer. I love fall, but I'm going to miss seeing the sun rising before six.


-Personal space. Let me set this up for you.

This happens all too frequently at the store. I'm sitting their doing the numerous things that must be done before one can leave with ones purchased goods. Transactions must be made, pins imputed, receipts given...nothing out of the ordinary right? Than why must the person behind me insist on pushing themselves into my bubble. It's not going to make me go any faster so relax and step off!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Thats right you tell them to STEP OFF!! lol. I hate that.

Colette said...

I think that my favorite thing is that your shopping cart looks like it is tipped over on it's side. Careful now - we don't want to make a scene. Remember the bagels!

Kristen Brady said...

I HATE when people get in my personal shopping check-out bubble! It drives me nuts!

judi said...

Did you draw that picture? It reminds me of notes from long ago that you gave me when you where in that private school! I am laughing now, holy cow, that is hilarious. I too feel the same way when people are right there, back off man!