Friday, July 31, 2009

Water


Lately I've been trying to drink more water...easy enough task right? Apparently not for me. I was thinking back about yesterday and realized I didn't drink a single ounce of water. How could this be? I was relatively active yesterday at work and ran 3 miles later in the evening and still nothing. It never once crossed my mind that a glass of water would sure sound good. I went an entire day without any clear liquid refreshment. I don't recommend this obviously, I just can't figure out how I never really felt like drinking water the entire day. Consequently, this morning I've made a conscious effort to put down as much H2O as I can tolerate. Pondering on this vital and riveting subject got me thinking about how my mother used to give us quart jars, used for canning, full of water and make us drink them on a regular basis. Even now, when I go home I can often find empty quart jars in the yard after busy days in the yard. Maybe that's my problem, I just need a quart jar to get me in the drinking state of mind.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Yeah I am having trouble getting the water in too lately.

Jill said...

Funny thing... I don't think I drank any water yesterday either! Oh, and to make it even worse, I caved today and got a Coke. I don't know what my problem is. It doesn't even taste that good but there is just something inside me that needs it. I think I'm going crazy!! By the ways, I have your check... :)

Amy and Micheal said...

I suffer from the same thing. I have made a very conscious effort to condition my body to water. I actually walk around, cleaning the house with my Camelbak running pack on. It's the only way I remember to drink it!