Wednesday, January 15, 2014

.three.

It's been three years since Mr. Finn changed our lives forever.  Becoming a parent has been the hardest, but most rewarding and wonderful thing that has happened to me, and I think Roy would agree with me.  He continues to teach us so many things about life and love, and for that I'm forever grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who sent him to us.  As a three year old, he has really started to kick up more of his independence.  I can tell it's a frustrating age for him trying to communicate exactly what he wants and why, and not understanding mom and dad's reasoning.  He has pitched some epic tantrums (which are thankfully few and far between), that have left us trying to figure out how best to deal with them.  I think that just comes with the territory of three year olds.  However, for the most part he is a pleasantly obedient and happy boy who has my heart.  He is all boy who loves trucks, tractors, trains, and wrestling.  He loves pizza, and any vegetable that has ranch...except tomatoes.  He loves to read with momma, and sometimes shares his toys with his sister.  He doesn't like music or singing all that much, and I've been told that he only likes to sing the wheels on the bus during nursery time.  He is still very much a momma's boy, but loves fixing things with daddy and his tools.
We celebrated a day early, as it worked best with schedules and such.  To be honest it wasn't Finn's best day, in fact he was down right rotten for 85% of the day, but we did our best to make it a special day regardless.
We started the day off with birthday doughnuts... and his birthday suit (he is usually naked by the time we get into the room in the morning)
 While the babies slept in the morning, Finn helped me decorate his construction cake.  I gambled on the chocolate frosting and crushed cookies knowing Finn isn't a huge chocolate fan.

 It took the pregnant momma a bit of effort and time, but I did throw up some decorations.
 Nap time was a disaster when Finn pitched one of many fits during the day, and throw everything out of the crib, and then proceeded to rip the plastic cover on his mattress off.  I was so mad and threatened to take his presents back...it was a lack luster threat obviously.

We had a nice quite meal with just the four of us, and then we dug into the cake and presents.  Finn was thoroughly pleased with his tractors, Lego's, clothes, and sleeping bag.  Meg was more excited about indulging in the chocolaty goodness.
 Bed time was another fight, and ended in more thrown bedding and not going to sleep until 10.   I'm thinking I might have to start cutting back on that afternoon nap, which I'm not looking forward to.
All in all it was a long day with a cranky toddler (that's the honest truth), but I'm so happy that he is OUR toddler!  Happy three years to OUR Mr. Finn!

No comments: