Tuesday, January 7, 2014

.beginnings.

2014 is well underway, and so far it's been a mix of all the things that life can bring...good and bad.   Our house has been on the market now for a few months with not a single bite.  I wasn't really expecting to see a lot of action during the holidays, but it's still a bit disheartening waiting in limbo with something out of our control.  I think in some ways I've been relieved not to have had to go through any more stress during the Christmas season, but now that I see a baby deadline looming on the horizon, I'm starting to want something to happen before April/May.  The whole idea of having a new baby and worrying about keeping a house up for showings terrifies me.  So that is one of our biggest adventures waiting to unfold in 2014, that and of course our #3 addition.  I still haven't talked much about it on here, mostly because just when I feel like I'm emotionally excited or happy about it, something happens that makes me feel like I did at the beginning.  It's been a full on roller coaster of emotions.  Despite all the ups and downs, we are excited to welcome #3, and know that it will be a happy adventure for our upcoming year.

In more recent happenings:
Roy was called as a nursery leader at church.  When the calling was announced in Sacrament meeting, an audible laugh echoed through the crowd.  We were both a little shocked by that, but the calling has definitely been a new phase for Roy.  It's never a quiet Sunday, and he is usually pretty tired by the end of our block.
Apparently, I was supposed to be released from the primary about a month ago, but the message never got relayed.  Last Sunday, I taught my last lesson to the 4 & 5 year olds.  I can't say that I'm not relieved a little.  It's been a fun a calling, but having a young baby that doesn't sit still anymore has been hard to juggle these last few months.  So we will see what new calling awaits me...especially when I will have a walking toddler and newborn together in about 4 months.

As far as the wee ones adventures...well we will see.  Finn will be starting preschool this year, miss Meg will continue to discover the world around her, and both will have to adjust to a new sibling competing for their attention.  We will all be learning more and more this year, and know we be pushed out of our comfort zone in more ways then one, but we know the Lord will be directing our paths.

2 comments:

ANG said...

congrats to Roy! That was Mike's favorite calling ever ...I am pretty sure. This is going to be a wonderful year for you guys!

Kay said...

So much is out of our hands a lot of the time Beth. I know the feeling. Wanting change, but being helpless to initiate it. Keep on making life work as it is. Find ways to be happy. Change will happen just the way it's supposed to.