Tuesday, January 21, 2014

.observations.

My children are two very different little people.  obviously I've always known this, but as they both continue to grow into their personalities, it is becoming so much more apparent.  

When it comes to eating, Meg is much more of foodie and will eat about anything placed in front of her.  About the only thing I think she already doesn't like are hard boiled eggs.  It must be the texture, because she will devour scrambled eggs as fast as I can scoop them onto her tray.
Finn on the other hand has and continues to be rather picky.  Last night he went through all of his pasta and ate all the noodles leaving every single tiny sliced tomato.  He will eat corn on the cob likes it's going out of style, but I have to force him to finish any frozen or canned corn.  He is the opposite of Meg and will only eat hard boiled eggs...it makes for lots of cooking on egg days.  I don't really cater to his eating habits (except for the eggs), and know that if he's hungry he will eat about anything I place in front of him.  I'm hoping he will grow out of some of food habits, but we will see.

I've already mentioned before how Finn doesn't really care for music.  I sing to the kids each night before bed and he will be bouncing around in his crib like and acrobat and wrestling with his animals.  The only hint that I get that he is listening is if I sing a song out of order (yes, the songs we sing have to be sung in certain order).  Meg shows more interest by dancing and clapping.  I call her my tiny dancer, because she will stop whatever she is doing when a song comes on and start moving.  She loves toys that make noise, and loves sitting on my lap playing the piano.

Our little miss LOVES attention.  She loves to have one, if not both parents in plain view, and has started crying if we leave her alone upstairs.  Even if there are toys to be played with, if I'm not paying attention to her, she comes over and clings onto me.  It's a bit of pain sometimes to have a munchkin clinging to your leg constantly.  
Finn likes his space, and the attention has to be on his terms.  He will invite you to come and play HIS way, and if you try to do something he's not in the mood for he will let you know.  He plays contentedly by himself, but has recently liked having more attention.  This is probably due to the fact that little sister demands quite a bit of what used to be all his attention.

I love the variety of life these two little ones bring, and I'm glad I get to call them mine!
 Meg explored the park for the first time last weekend.  The sun was so nice and warm even in the dead of winter.
 She also let me snuggle her a lot while brother went crazy climbing on everything.
It was such a nice day that was greatly appreciated after the long cold days we've been locked up in the house.  Just check out that blue sky, and my family enjoying it all!

No comments: