Friday, January 10, 2014

.garbage thief.

Today after I had put Finn down for his nap, I was working on making up the menu for the upcoming week.    As I was sitting at the computer, Meg busily walked back and forth between the kitchen and living room grabbing books, and other loose toys.  I noticed after awhile that the soft patter of her feet had been replaced by a quiet slurping sound.  I turned around to see that she had procured from the contents of the garbage can, an apple core that had been discarded after lunch.  I had failed to put the garbage out of her reach, and the ever opportunistic Meg, had taken advantage of my lapse.
 She lies like this all the time.  It's especially helpful when changing diapers.

As a first time mother I would have quickly returned the apple core to the garbage, but seeing as Meg is a second child, I in fact let her chew for a bit while I snapped a few photos.  I figure I'm just helping build that immune system of hers.

In other Meg news, she just popped out her first top tooth...nearly 6 months after the first two appeared.  That explains why she's been a royal pain this past week, and chews on anything she can get her hands on apparently.

1 comment:

Helen Sullivan said...

That cake is utterly amazing Beth!