Thursday, December 27, 2012

.a little Christmas.

It was nearly as perfect as Christmas can get I think.  We had our Christmas Eve storm that blanketed our little part of the world in several inches of fresh snow, and left behind a bright and sunny Christmas day.  For a Utah girl, I don't think I could have planned it any better...a white Christmas is the best way to get me in the mood.  The only thing to dampen my Christmas mood was the lingering cold that I've been fighting for a few days.  Nothing like being 9 months pregnant and being sick I tell ya!
Christmas Eve, the boys and I ventured out to the stores to do some Christmas shopping just for me (Roy's idea, not mine).  We picked out my big gift this year...a bed set, and then made our way back as the storm was hitting.  That night we had all got together for soup and bread before the Sullivan nativity.  There is something so good about warm soup and bread, being inside with family, and watching the snow gently fall outside...just cozy!
The nativity was simple and wonderful.  Finn was supposed to be a Shepard, but didn't want anything to do with it. So instead he occupied himself with cooper the dog.
The cast of Nativity characters 


By far my favorite picture of the night.  Tom as Joseph is one happy papa!




Finn enjoying Cooper the dog far more then anything else.

The candles caught his attention too.

"hot" is what he kept saying

Sully as one happy angel

Christmas morning was spent playing with Finn's train set, that Roy scored for free by the way.  Finn could not be pulled from it, not even for his other gifts.

 He especially loves the magnetic crane!

After a minor fit we did get him distracted with some new bath crayons in the tub (I hope he'll forgive me for posting these pictures later).  I love his skinny little buns!
I have to say the best thing about this Christmas was just having my little family together.  Having Roy home with us and having him do all of the little things just to help out just made the time so enjoyable.  He also picked out some extremely nice gifts as his way of saying thanks for everything I do...what a guy (He's going to hate me for saying that), but it's true.  It was such a simple a relaxing Christmas, that I just wanted to keep it going, but today Christmas is back in it's boxes, and we are preparing ourselves for baby girl.  Our family is about to get a little bit bigger and merrier!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

i love mikey's nakey tooshie, too. after a tubby, he comes looking for me, because i chase him and pinch it.

i'm so excited!!! good luck!