Monday, October 22, 2012

.nesting.

Week 28 update:

The further along I get with this pregnancy, the more different it's becoming.  With Finn I waited and waited for my nesting instinct to kick in.  I was waiting to feel all those urges to clean, organize, and prepare.  But I waited in vain, because it never came.  I think if it hadn't been for all the showers we would have been very under prepared in the way of diapers, wipes, and other little things needed for Finns arrival.  And I never got around to deep cleaning my house, or cooking all those frozen meals in preparation either.  I thought perhaps, I just wasn't the nesting type.
But folks I'm here to tell you I am!  For the past month I haven't been able to stop myself from making lists, organizing, and cleaning like mad.   I find very real satisfaction and comfort in knowing that my floor boards (which I've NEVER cleaned) are dusted, and that our office desk has been organized for the 2nd time this month.  Or that there are large amounts of diapers and wipes on order with Amazon.  It's a little bit crazy but, nesting...it's real...I'm living proof of it!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

i wish i could get on board with the cleaning, but i'm definitely starting to feel the organizing bug. i spent the whole morning organizing baby clothes. going through bins and repacking and labeling. cleaning their closet out. oy. good thing mikey needed a veg-out morning watching tv - he stayed out of my hair and i stayed out of his. now i'm pooped though. and might i suggest some unisom? it helps me sleep. i notice a HUGE difference when i take it verses when i don't.