Monday, October 8, 2012

.seasonal goodness.

I've made no slight hint at the fact that Fall is indeed my favorite season of the year.  In fact the only thing I dislike is the short amount of time I get to enjoy it.  Perhaps it's better that way, because it makes me appreciate the few weeks I do get of autumn.
With our canyon leaf harvesting done, we moved onto pumpkin picking.  We spent a night out in the pumpkin patch mulling over the best gourds, and choosing just the right ones.  I found a nice squat round one, Finn picked an oblong medium one, and of course Roy chose the largest one that he could manage to pick up.  On our way to purchase our selection, I noticed a section that had all the gnarly, disfigured, and odd colored pumpkins that are worth more for their uniqueness.  I found a perfectly peared shaped gourd that was just begging to be bought by one who shared in it's likeness all to well.  So it was determined that the first pumpkin I chose would be representing baby M on our porch this year.  As was expected, Finn enjoyed the haystacks, and tractors much more then the actual pumpkins.



Of course we had to finish off the night with a pumpkin shake (and when I say we, I really mean me and Finn since Roy is a no go on the ice cream...especially pumpkin flavored).  I know Finn is still really too young to get or understand all that we are doing, but I want to make it magical and fun for him just the same, because that is what this time of year is to me.  Roy, as always is such a patient man with all of the things I want to do, especially since he could really care less about it all.  He knows it's important to me and so often times just asks what I want to do.  But, I've discovered that Roy is pretty much in heaven when Finn is having a good time.  So it works for both of us!

2 comments:

Colette said...

So fun! I love Fall too.

Kay said...

I bet Roy probably cares more than you think, or he will one day eventually. :)