Saturday, November 3, 2012

.october wrap-up.

My goodness, can it really be the second of November already?  I think we lived up our October sufficiently with the sorts of activities fall is perfect for.  This wrap up is brought to you by instagram > @suboka12 (it seems to be the easiest way for me to take pictures and keep track of all the good times we have).

We rode trax down to Gardner Village and saw the Witches.  Even though we could have driven easier and cheaper then riding, it was out of the question because Finn is in L.O.V.E with the train.  Finn especially loved all the pumpkins and insisted on touching all of them.


 The Olympic Oval had a Halloween carnival so we decided to give Finn a dry run on the whole trick-or-treating concept and then took a few laps around the ice.  I took it very slow and pushed Finn in the stroller to give me some more support, but I can definitely feel how my hips and joints are super loose now being 6 months along. 


We enjoyed a few days of cooler weather, and had our first snow of the season.  We spent the day cozied up inside playing and reading.

A few days before Halloween we carved (and drilled) our pumpkins.  Finn seemed to really dig the idea of pumpkins, and would wake up every morning and find the pumpkins out on the porch.

The weather warmed up the week of Halloween so we took advantage and took some walks to play in the leaves.

 Finn especially loved throwing them up in the air.  I discovered on this walk how incredibly "BUSY" he has become.  I turned around to put the phone back in the stroller, and turned back to find Finn attempting to get himself down into the canal (thankfully no longer full of water).  I screamed and ran getting his attention, which successfully stopped him in his tracks but had him in tears because I was yelling.  I grabbed him and hugged him saying I was sorry, but explained how dangerous it was he was trying to do.  Needless to say, I'm keeping an even closer eye on this kid of late.

 We had our annual Sullivan Halloween party filled with good food, games, hay ride, treasure hunt, bon fire, and spooky movie.  Finn and Kay are stoked for the hay ride!

Like I said before...this kid has become very busy lately so it's hard to get a picture of him being still.  I got a picture of his dragon tail...it was my favorite part of his costume that and it only cost $5 to make.

Trick-or-treating was a test of endurance for Roy and I.  Finn understood what was going on, but like I said "BUSY". He wanted to get into everything, go into every one's house, eat all the candy with the wrapper on, and grab all the pumpkins of course.  We had a good time, but we called it a night by 6:30.  We came home and had homemade soup and bread, and afterwards Roy went to work fixing a toy for Finn.  Finn cannot resist a chance to work with dads tools!  We both loved how he climbed up onto the table and got on his belly to have a better angle in which to help dad...to cute!
Finally we welcomed in November with a sick day (a mom sick day=a day in pajamas for Finn as well).  We spent the whole day watching Curious George and recouping.  Not the ideal day, but as my sister said, every kid needs a good TV day every once in awhile, but we aren't going to make a habit of it.

1 comment:

Kay said...

I remember those days with Jack. How everything revolved around him even as I was preparing for Hank to be born. I didn't realize how fleeting those precious moments were. It will never again be "all about Finn" in a few more months. Love that little boy to pieces for me :_) He is SO dang cute!