Thursday, April 5, 2012

.life as a finn.

It seems that since little big Finn has reached his pivotal 1 year mile marker, my posts have shifted in other directions.  I don't necessarily feel that that is a bad thing, but I sometimes forget that I'm not writing down all the sweet new things that little man of mine does and in some cases doesn't do.
For one thing he is crazy inquisitive.  I've heard that boys are like that...you know figuring out how things work mechanically rather than playing patty cake or what not.  This is entirely true in Finn's case.  He loves pushing and pulling things (even though he walks fine by himself), and he watches how the wheels and gears move as he does this.
He's a big mimicker, especially if daddy is doing or showing him something.  The other day Roy was trying to get his attention from pulling the petals off the flowers by hitting a stick on a tree.  Of course a few hours later while we were at the park, Finn busied himself hitting a large trunk of a tree with a broken branch he had scrounged up.  Of course he picks up on everything else we do like plugging in plugs and throwing everything into the garbage *sigh*.
Wants to be outside 24/7.  If he's being an ornery cuss, or just mischievous, we always head outside to re-center ourselves.  Of course coming back in is always a fight to the death, but I guess that happens when little ones start expressing their opinions.
Not a big talker this one.  I've heard him use some words from time time like...ball, mmm, ohh, and baba.  He says dadoo a lot for daddy, which I just melt over, but other then that there is just a lot of pointing around these parts.  Of course he makes the occasional sound effect like vrooming cars and woofing dogs...you know the important things.
Finn is completely in love with daddy.  Part of me thinks that is just how it's supposed to be, because little boys love being wrestled and getting dirty with their dad's.  But there is a small part of me that thinks, I'm fun too Finn!  I sing funny songs, dance like a crazy person, and read books.  It's just a different kind of fun I guess.  Oh well,  I don't begrudge Roy that role of father too much, because I know I'm the one that gets his quiet love.
He has gigantic teeth!  I can say that right, because I'm his mom and love all his funny quirks like the fact that he has hair on the top of his head that refuse to lie down.  But seriously he has chicklet for front teeth!  I love them when he grins and squawks at me.  I know he'll grow into, but for right now, I just get to enjoy!





2 comments:

Jill said...

I love my Finnigan! You are a wonderful mother. Thanks for posting. I can't wait for the day I get to tell you all about my little guy/girl.

Krista Eger said...

He sounds very similar to Nate. He was holding a pencil like an adult at 18 months because he was so observant. And constantly trying to figure out how things work. Audrey is so much easier in so many ways, but also difficult in that she is a little too much of a mama's girl. She doesn't talk much at all either. It's so funny how different kids are. I stopped comparing, because it's impossible. Nate already had a vocabulary of over 100 words and Audrey says like 5 words. Haha! That's why it's just important to enjoy them and know they turn into children eventually and right now they're babies.