Saturday, January 28, 2012

.mommy saturday.

It's true what they say...Saturday's ARE a special day, and today was a momma and finn kinda Saturday, which makes it that much more special.  Roy was out doing manly things, like camping outside in a UT January. Luckily it's been a mild winter, but still, I'll leave that one for the boys.  The morning started out a little rough with Finn clinging to me like a little tree frog, because he did not trust the vacuum cleaner that had been left out.  Why do you ask was the vacuum out?  Well that has a little to do with a mischievous little boy who was left to his own devices while mom cooked breakfast.  Perhaps Finn got a little peckish waiting for breakfast because he somehow managed to dump an entire container of fish food out.  While Finn played with his eggs for breakfast I vacuumed that mess up, and then proceed to sweep up the majority of the eggs from the floor where Finn had so kindly thrown them.
After such a messy/clingy morning I think we both needed a restart.  Finn hit the sack, and I hit the showers after working out.  I'm always amazed at how the simple act of shaving my legs can make me feel like a new person.  So here we are as new people: Finn freshly napped, and me freshly cleaned; and already it is better.  We got out of the house and enjoyed the weather, Finn tried smarties for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed them, and Roy returned home safe and sound.  He has left again to meetings, but he is home safe.  So it is just Finn and momma again.  Good thing finn is so good at entertaining.

its mostly me singing if your happy and you know it, but finn shows off his clapping skills, and even waves at the end...he looks towards our back porch because that's where daddy comes and goes.

1 comment:

Kay said...

These are the time that make you want to laugh and cry all at the same time for sheer JOY!!