Friday, September 23, 2011

.2 is better then 1.

Today is the first day of fall, and for that I'm excited, but today also brought in a head cold for this momma.  I wanted to spend the day in bed sleeping and doing nothing, but instead I got up did our morning routine with the little nugget, cleaned both bathrooms...including the shower which is probably my least favorite chore in the entire house, watered the flowerbed, and swept the porches.  After doing all that productivity I felt like I had earned some downtime.  Of course Finn had other plans.  He opted for a short nap and one very long afternoon for me.  I was so happy when Roy walked through the door!  He fed our son and then took him on a long long long run so that I could take a nap.  While I put Finn down, he got dinner, because we all know Roy does not cook.  So while I'm enjoying my Village Baker soup and cranberry juice with lime, I'm thinking how grateful I am to be doing this with a partner.  Because when I'm run down and need a break, Roy is there to pick up the slack and take long long long runs with his little dude so that his little wife can center herself again. I'm happy we're a pair! 

1 comment:

Kay said...

What life's about. By the way, two kids is also easier than one :)