Saturday, May 7, 2011

.lonely night.

Since Finn has entered our life's, Roy and I have spent a few nights apart, including the weekend after Finn was born. I've done this before in our married life and never minded, but somehow having a little person that depends on my for everything has made these lonely nights even more miserable. Last night was one of those nights...Roy spent it with the young men on a camp-out. Thankfully, Finn slept well. I on the other hand tossed and turned whilst dreaming of all kinds of craziness. I was happy when 5 rolled around and I got to feed the little man in bed with me and snuggle with his little frame. Just having someone else in the bed with me eased my mind, and I slept like a rock until 7.
So we made it through the night and Roy will be back early today, and what a nice day it is turning out to be. I think we will take a walk down to the park, Finn and I, and get out to enjoy this sun.
In other news, Katie came over last night so that I could teach her an Irish dance for her 3rd graders. It's been such a long time since I have even thought about those steps and how to count out the rhythms. Needless to say, it took us a bit of time before we finally got something that worked, but I did it...and I realized how much I missed it. Perhaps one day I will pick it up again.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

as much as garrett's sleeping can disrupt my sleep - his absence disrupts it way more! i'm glad finn slept well for you!

Kay said...

Yeah Irish dancing!! :D