Thursday, April 28, 2011

.small hours.

I'm generally a happy go lucky person, but like everyone else, I can have my down days. Yesterday was one of those days. I can't even put my finger quite on why I was feeling so down, I think it was just a combination of things. Roy knows things are usually afoot when my ability to talk about anything is non-existent. This morning it was nice just to lie in bed next to my sweet sleeping Finn, and have Roy holding us. We just laid there and gazed at the precious miracle that is Finn. I love how simple moments like that can erase an entire crappy day. It reminds me of some of my favorite lyrics. "Our life's are made in these small hours, these little wonders...time falls away, but these small hours still remain." It's good to remind myself of what really matters, and what I need to just let go of.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

I'm sorry you had a rough day... I thought it was sure nice to see you!

ANG said...

I know how that goes. Glad you are feeling happier now.

Kay said...

We all need to remember this. When life seems hard, unbearable, stressfull, confusing...it's time to stop and realize the reality of the moment. Each breath, sights, sounds, and love of family.