Monday, March 7, 2011

.visits, blessings, & other good things.

These past weeks have flown by in a flury of events. First off we had a visit from Roy's mom. she got to spend a whole week loving on her first grandbaby. I don't think Finn minded one bit all the attention he got.
Don't you just love this picture where they're gazing at eachother?
As the weeks are passing he is becoming more and more alert. He is definately more aware of what's happening around him. Of course my favorite thing he does lately is smile at you. His little grins are so sweet, but when he really smiles it makes everyone in the room smile. It never gets old!
Finally, Finn was blessed yesterday! Here is the little man with his daddy. I have two handsome boys!
I have a beef with the blessing "outfits" for little boys. I'm not into the little tuxedos or the little knicker pants that, I'm sorry to say, are a little girly. All I wanted was some simple white pants and shirt, but non were to be found. Not to mention that you were looking at spending nearly $60 for something they are only going to wear once. So my sister and I (mostly my sister) just whipped out a simple pair of white cotton pants with a bonus monogrammed back pocket in about an hour and for only $5. They turned out perfectly simple and cute...just the way I like it. Roy said he looked like a little temple worker.
The blessing was wonderful. I kept asking Roy if he was nervous, and of course he was not. I think I was more nervous for him. Finn performed like a champ and slept his way through with nary a peep from him.
On top of the blessing, I was also released from my calling as first counselor in young womens. It may have been a slightly emotional day to say the least. I'm looking forward to a change, since I've been in young womens as long as we've been in the ward, but I will dearly miss hanging with such awesome youth every week.
We have been truly blessed with wonderful friends and family. Roy's Utah family love little Finn as their own (as they have Roy). They came bearing gifts for the little man's big day. They just returned from Disneyland, and have already started to endoctrinate Finn, starting with his first Mickey hat...he has a little room to grow into!
Another thing he has to grow into is that chin...Finn is definatley not missing any meals.

3 comments:

garrett said...

That picture with him and Roy is great. He's totally making a Roy face there. :)

Marissa said...

Grandma Gertie enjoyed the pics and the comments. She is anxious to see the new baby. We love you and keep up the good work.
Granee Carroll and Grandma Tiede

Hayley said...

uggg. i meant to comment yesterday. i think it is great that Roy's mom got to come visit! thank you so much for inviting us to the blessing, we loved being there. i'm so glad we're friends, more than just because of Roy & Garrett. Finn is wonderful, I love him.