Friday, September 10, 2010

.birthdays, burgers, & baby.



What a lovely week it has been!  What with a holiday, the gorgeous weather, and halfway points...it's hard to beat.  Monday was of course Labor day with a bonus of Roy's birthday.  The kid is 27 years old (which seems so old until compared to my 28)! He spent the morning helping G-ward with his car and helping me put a coat of paint on a dresser.  But than he got to enjoy the rest of the day with a fabulous lunch with the Wards, a long bike ride, and copious amounts of cookies.  All in all I think a good birthday by Roy's standard.  He even got a bonus birthday dinner on Tuesday.  It was  a special little treat that was basically a burger between two grilled cheese sandwiches, but instead of a burger we went with a healthy option of a Boca Chicken patty.  I would like to take full credit for this masterpiece, but I found it on another blog and knew instantly that Roy would be a fan...and he was.
On the baby front we have hit the 20 week mark (that's 5 month's for all of those who aren't pregnant)...HALFWAY!  Wow where did the time go? Despite the fact that my middle is slowly but surely getting bigger it has not slowed me down.  I'm sleeping well still, staying active (hiked Bells canyon on Wed), and feeling over all very well and happy.  It is getting more and more difficult to bend over and pick things up, and the whole getting up from sitting is a joke, but really I can't complain.  The little man is moving around, and loves to kick at night (especially after walks).  They are getting pretty hard that I think Roy should be feeling him pretty soon...I can't wait. 

9 comments:

Liz said...

Oh! I'm so excited for you guys! Congratulations! Your baby bump looks so cute!

ANG said...

The old dresser gets {another} new life. !! It's all so exciting isn't it? That grilled chees burger came from Jake's blog, right?

Beth said...

Yeah, I knew that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to fill Roy with Cheese and Meat. And I was right...big hit!

Heather said...

Awe, the memories...we re-did a dresser for Rylee's room and it was so fun! And how stinkin' cute is that baby bump!

Elena Lunt said...

Ok, Beth, somehow your pregnant pictures don't do little F. Hoffy justice. I don't know if it's just your camera or a weird angle but you look more skinny than pregnant. Eat some of those grilled cheese boca burgers to help the kid grow inside:)

Beth said...

Lena...it's the black shirt...they say it's very slimming. He He He!

Colette said...

I agree with Lena. I think you look absofreakinglutely fantastic! And I miss you.

Leons said...

Lena is right! If anything you do look skinny and not so much prego...especially for being 5 months! Your little baby hump is adorable though. It's so exciting to hear all the little things you're going through right now. :)

Courtney said...

I agree Beth, you look amazing and your baby bump is adorable. And can I just say how nice it is to hear how excited you are and how much you love this baby already? It is just so darn cute to read about your experiences. Jealous!