Wednesday, September 15, 2010

.where we stand.

This past Monday the little man and I headed to our 20th week appointment.  We spent a glorious 45 min. in the ultrasound studio.  He lolled around on his tummy, and I got to see his perfect little body.  The highlight of course was that he looks just as healthy as can be with a fabulous little spine, tiny bladder (which he took the liberty of emptying), and a beautiful heart!  In fact we only had one difficulty with the little guy...he refused to turn over so the tech could see up his nose...stubborn little bugger!  We also discovered that I've been feeling him so much because my placenta is towards my back so there is nothing buffering those little kicks and jabs he has been dishing out...in fact Roy felt him just the other night.  Watching Roy's shocked face light up as he asked if that was him, was a neat experience.  It's pretty cool to be experiencing these things, and I can't get over what a miracle it all is.   Yes I'm getting girthy and getting more and more uncomfortable, but I wouldn't trade it for anything, because I get to be this little nugget's mom...how cool is that!

And one more thing,  I love my sisters!  Being the youngest has its privileges: including having a million things handed down, and all the comfort of having them there to explain that what I'm going through is completely normal.  So thanks Holly, Helen, Ang, & Kay...it is all greatly appreciated!!

1 comment:

ANG said...

WE love you Beth, and the little miracle inside you.