Friday, December 4, 2009

Easy Silence

My goodness what a fabulous week its been...dare I say blissful. Turkey day was spent with friends and family and thoroughly enjoyed. We were up at 5:30 putting flags out with the scouts. This isn't the norm for Thanksgiving, but when your making up for Veterans Day you do what you can. Turkey Bowl convened at 9:00 and Roy and I returned to our ol' singles ward stomping grounds. Many a Thursday evening were spent transversing Brown's Meadow park playing ultimate Frisbee, and pick up games of soccer and football. It was fun to be back there if only for a few hours with old friends. With all the wonderful food that was indulged in, Roy and I decided that perhaps we should give a new work-out regimen a try. (Well lets be honest, I thought it would be a good idea. Roy is being a good sport and doing it with me). We are making our way through the first week of the P90X. If you can get past how annoying Tony Horton is and the fact that you can't quite do everything they are doing...it's a great workout! It's kicking my butt and I think even Roy's a little.
I don't know if this workout routine has anything to do with how wonderful this past week has been or if I'm just in sync with something deeper, but whatever it is I'm not wanting it to end.
So if I've been silent for awhile now, it's because I'm enjoying the happiness of life.

3 comments:

ANG said...

hahaha - oh my...I don't think I could make it through one workout with his guy without falling on the floor laughing if he does stuff like run around with his shirt off, fresh off the tanning.
Sounds like your new routine is great though. Go Beth!

Doug and Ilean said...

appreciate your commitment to exercise Beth and roy. You'll do fine. Our P90 is just fine if you want to come join us. Easy going enought but still hard. So we aren't doing it totally right, but we are improving each time. Doubt if we will ever graduate to something bigger. Love Mom

Kay said...

Hey, half the fun of P90X is the character Tony Horton. We think he's quite funny. Yes he's serious about working out, but that's what you gotta be if you expect to "BRING IT"!! :D Just enjoy the ride Beth...enjoy the ride.