Friday, December 18, 2009

The Long and Winding Road

Only one week until Christmas and where do I find myself.....only half way through the list that needs to be completed. On top of the stress of the Holidays, our computer took it's last breath. Not really sad to see that thing go, but it just adds one more expense to the pile. So last night we brought home our new computer...nothing fancy, but a whole lot better than the stone age relic we were using. So the Hoffman's are for the second time this year re-connected to the world. It's a strange thing though, because last night after spending more than we should have on the new computer, I wasn't stressed about our finances. I just felt that we were ok and that we would manage to make ends meet. As silly and as insignificant as that sounds...that's just how it was. I figured we would just continue to hunker down and work like we always do. But today we received a wonderful monetary gift from Roy's work and it literally made me cry...not because I was so excited for the money, but because my peace was re-affirmed. So now I realize that it's not just us making the ends meet...it's our father. It's beautiful how some of life's seemingly insignificant events can make the impact that they do, isn't it?

3 comments:

ANG said...

I hear ya...been there before.

Kay said...

Yea, I agree. Just yesterday we recieved a much needed check from the Army. I've been stressing about finances, among other things, as we're getting closer to Christmas. I decided that I'm doing what I can, and I'm not going to let all the troubles that seem to be suddenly popping up, ruin that Christmas feeling of hope and joy I should be having. Our father really is looking out for us, after we do all we can do. Yes Virgina, there really is a "Santa Claus"!

motherilean said...

I guess we all get to learn that same lesson. Sometimes we get pushed into some really stressful experiences, and the sooner we come to that conclusion the more peaceful our lives will be. sounds like we are all on the same page. And like my Grandpa Sampson used to tell his kids,(your grandfather--my father)under more trying circumstances than we've ever seen-- "The Lord will provide". Trust in the Lord is where its at. Love Mom