Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Some days

are better than others, and yesterday was not one of those days. The day actually went relatively smooth until 5:00. Work was busy but not crazy and I remained unaware of any little annoyances that generally come up though the day. I was looking forward to getting home, running, making some food, and going to bed. Jill and I were winding our way home enjoying the saving grace of the AC when I noticed Roy on the side of the road. This is not unusual since he rides his bike to work as of late. I than noticed that Roy was waving me down and it was than that I noticed his bike. Front tire all eschew and pedals bent at awkward angles. Yes folks, to cap the night off Roy managed to get hit by a car. No physical damage to Roy (it seems he was able to jump off the bike and end up on the hood of the car), but the poor bike has seen better days. I think Roy would have been happier if it had been the other way around. The rest of the evening was spent going to bike shops, talking with the police, filing a report, headaches, later than planned runs, fast food, and dead plants (I absolutely can't grow anything!). In fact the only good thing that happened after 5 yesterday was seeing the Ensigns week old baby who has already surpassed the 10lb range.


Some days these days just happen!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Holy cannoli, how awful! Glad things turned out alright...for Roy, that is. Poor bike!