Friday, May 8, 2009

Ode to Jude

You know those people in your life that know pretty much everything about you, your goods, your bads, your hopes, your fears. The person that knows your weird and strange and loves you despite or maybe because your different. Well one of those people for me is JUDE. Who's Jude you ask? She lived in my neighborhood growing up and at one time I couldn't stand her and she I. We avoided each other like the plague, but all that changed when she my mysteriously invited me over to play while I was riding around the block. We have been like sisters ever since despite where life has taken us. She taught me how to wrestle with the best of them. We shared a fondness for all things Beatles for awhile, and also taught me how to run fast. But that happens when you push people in wonderful fresh mud in new shoes, suddenly the motivation to run faster than the high schools track star exceeded even my abilities. I will always look back on my childhood with fond memories of Jude. We don't get to talk as often as we would like, but when we do, it's like no time has passed. She is pretty stink'n amazing and I'm glad that she claims me as a friend despite what she knows about me.

HAPPY 28th JUDE!

1 comment:

judi said...

Wow Beth! Thanks much, too bad I didn't see that awhile ago. It has been unbearably busy for me lately! When are you coming to St. George? Ever? We will be up for July 4th, Clint can't give up his Riverton parade and fireworks. We need to get together.