Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Long weekends = Good Things


It seems like too long since I have had a long weekend...and I'm sure it has been. This weekend was relaxing and productive, two of my favorite things.

Saturday was jam packed with all things Saturday....mostly cleaning in my case...it was Fabulous! I love having a clean house it always puts me at ease, I can never relax when it's a mess. We are participating in a yard sale next week so the cleaning frenzy included my family's attic. This black whole held objects from my past that I had even forgotten I had. We found such treasures as a telescope, my old laptop, countless books, Beatles poster, and all my old college notebooks (sure glad I kept those). Needless to say we found a lot of junk to sell and throw away. I did however come across my forgotten $500 knife set, pretty sure I'm siked about that!

Sunday of course I had to give a talk...phhhhfff. All the y/w presidency spoke about a value and I settled on Choice and Accountability. It went OK, but I'm totally stoked that it's over. After board meeting on Sunday it was just fabulous to sit back and enjoy.

Monday, I started by sleeping in until 6:30 (can you taste the sarcasm). Went and picked up some plants to throw in the ground, (thanks to my mom for her invaluable talent for all things plant related) and proceeded to fill our poor barren piece of land with beauty. After getting ourselves good and dirty we made our way over to my parents to BBQ the night away. While there finalized the details of the sisters' epic relay in September. Started getting nervous. Went directly home and went for a run. Hopefully I won't be so pathetic in September.

Today....feeling extremely tired and exhausted, and trying to remember what this past weekend felt like again. I already want another one!

No comments: