Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Diagnosis

Apparently when you've been sick for 2 months straight you have mono...yes folks we finally have an answer. We went back to the dr. (a new...more competent one) because it had got to the point where Roy wasn't sleeping at night because of his sever headaches and soar throat. The Dr. listened to Roy's entire sum up of the last two months and pretty much gave us the straight answer of, " I think he has Mono, lets do a test". Conclusion, Roy has mono! I have two feelings about this. I'm happy because we finally know what he has. I'm sad and afraid because this is a long drawn out virus and he apparently will always carry it which means it could flare up anytime. We must also be very careful about his spleen..no contact sports for awhile, which means no biking . And whose to say I haven't, in the process of this whole finding out what Roy has, picked up Mono as well. Only time will tell. I guess I really am just relieved that we know what we're dealing with and that with 2 shots in the butt, his headache is taken care of.

No comments: