Monday, October 13, 2008

Suboka


I would never categorize myself as one of those dog people who treat their dogs as their children. I don't believe in letting dogs stay in the house or riding in cars on your lap as you run errands (not that there is anything wrong with that)... I just don't do it myself. However, I can say that I am a dog person without hesitation, and being one I am now feeling a void in my life.

Here pictured is our family dog, Suboka. Appropriately named after the Russian word for dog by my bilingual sister Holly. This small mutt of a dog (rumored to be a Pekineses, Husky mix) was as spunky as she was short and has been a part of the fam for the greater portion of my life. And as sad as it is to admit, I think I felt a greater emotional tear with her passing than with my grandmother's passing last year. Don't misunderstand here, I miss my grandmother dearly and have always loved her as only a granddaughter can, but there was just something right about her passing...like there wasn't a void left behind. In the case a this little white dog though, I find myself tearing up thinking of not seeing her running to the car when I pull up. It's silly that I find myself waxing poetic for a family pet, but I guess growing up with something so constant its hard to finally let go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Suboka :(.