Thursday, March 13, 2008

you got something in you teeth

What do you do when you see something that is potentially very embarrassing for someone? There are those who try and ignore the awkwardness, and then there are those who politely mention the unpleasant fact to the person. I admit that most times I fall into the group that acts completely oblivious to food in the teeth, toilet paper on the shoe, something on your butt, and the most dreaded of all...the cliffhanger (loose burger). I inevitably wish people would tell me if I had something uncouth about my person no matter how unpleasant. So it stands to reason that I return the favor. Last night I had my chance, but it was taken from me. I was at New Beginnings in our ward and a lady walked into the packed room with the back of her skirt stuffed into her Nylons. Oh I felt so embarrassed for her, but she was too quick for me to stop her. She unfortunately made it to the front of the room before anyone told her. Having done the whole skirt tucked into my tights thing several years ago in primary, I can only imagine how this lady felt. So tell people...get the unpleasantness out of the way early so they're not walking around all day with food on their face or their zipper undone. They will appreciate it in the long run...I think

1 comment:

Amy and Micheal said...

Oh Beth, you kill me! You always make me laugh! Love your blog by the way, thanks for sending me the link. I added you to my friendlies link, if that is ok.

Los cerdos en una manta! (of course, spoken with a drunken slur)