Friday, February 28, 2014

.firsts.

Last night was the first night in a week were I slept.  I'm talking the sleep of the dead.  A sleep without waking up to go to the bathroom 3 or 4 times.  A sleep without waking babies.  A sleep without sore ribs or restless legs.  And best of all...a sleep without a stomach bug or contractions.  It was seriously the best thing!  I didn't stir until Roy was kissing me goodbye to go to work around 7, and the babies slept until 7:30.  That was a precious gift for this pregnant momma, especially after our second round of stomach crap.
I spent most of Wednesday night battling nausea and pain.  If you've never had the pleasure of Braxton hicks contractions mixed with a healthy dose of stomach cramps...you're not missing anything.  I pretty much wished I was dead the whole night.  Thank heavens for Roy being able to stay home and play mr. mom, and my mom providing food and cheer for my poor family.  I stayed in bed with the window opened listening to the rain and watching pride and prejudice.  I haven't been able to do that since Finn was born, so I guess there were a few happy points yesterday.  But most of all I'm just happy to feeling back to normal, and especially for wonderful...WONDERFUL sleep!

No comments: