Monday, February 17, 2014

.a little bit of everything.

I've been thinking of so many things that I have wanted to post about and just haven't got around to doing anything about it.  Of course now that I'm sitting down to do it, I can't remember anything of interest that I want to put down, but I'll try to put something down so I don't feel like life is being missed.
With just the two kiddos and myself these days, we have managed to get out a bit more.  It has been both wonderful and exhausting all at the same time.  Before we go anywhere, I seriously consider if its worth my time and energy.   Despite that fact, we do in fact get out.  Last week we walked down to the park and played for hours.  I don't know why, but the first few warm days of the year always make me want to get out and soak it up as much as I can.  This year in particular since we didn't get out to enjoy the winter activities as much as I would have liked.  Meg wandered around soaking up the sun, and watched as Finn ran around checking out everything.  He's at a perfect age where he can do pretty much everything on his own, and I don't have to crawl after him, or worry about him falling of the taller toys, and Meg isn't quite to the age where she's too curious yet, so it works out for all of us.

On the days that it's still just a little too cold to get out, we find ways to entertain ourselves at home.
 Finn loves tractors and cooking...sometimes at the same time.  He is such a creative little boy, and mimics what I do in the kitchen a lot.  He loves bread making days, and requests to help make dinner a lot.  Sometimes it's a lot more work, but his excitement is so great, I can't say no...plus it keeps him busy and out of trouble.

 This is the smile I'm going to miss.  This was our last day with Gavin (about 2 weeks ago).
Getting a picture of Meg is becoming more and more elusive these days as she can't sit still for anything.  Her current obsession is any and all remotes.  She is teething like crazy and has five teeth with more on the way.  She already LOVES shoes!  If we put any on her feet she will walk around constantly looking at her feet, and she is often found trying to put on Finn's shoes.

 A few things about this picture:
-Both kids aren't wearing any pants because Roy just changed them.  Does anyone else's husband never put back on their pants after diaper changes?
-Although Meg is not wearing her pants she is wearing a jacket...this girl loves clothes too.
-These kids just love reading books with daddy, and it melts my heart!

It's been a busy past few weeks, with kids, work, and just plain life.  Roy has been doing lots of extra things that have kept him gone, and I have felt burned out all around.  I told Roy I needed to take some time for myself so I went and had my first ever pre-natal message.  It was AWESOME!  I can't justify the expense as often as I would like to, but I needed it for my sanity.   A complete hour of just ME!  I think me and the baby both appreciated that.

As far as baby and me go, we are in a good spot.  I regret not having done a journal of anything leading up to the birth of #3, and wish I would have kept track a little better of all the things that this pregnancy has brought besides all the emotional upheaval.  More and more I have felt how blessed we are to have had three healthy pregnancies and babies, and how important it is to be able to bring these sweet babies into a good home where they are loved and cared for.  Heavenly Father has blessed us, and we have an obligation to care and teach these children.  It still all feels overwhelming at times, but I know we will adjust and grow, just like we have with Finn and Meg.   At first I felt like this was such a burden (and in a lot of ways it can be), but I was looking at it the wrong way.  I've read a lot of things lately and talked to a lot of people that have helped me see the bigger picture a little better.  I've had to change my expectations, and give up a lot of the control to God, but through it I've learned to be at peace with our situation.  We may not sell our house and get into a bigger house before we out grow this place, and we ARE having three babies under 4, but those aren't bad things.  It's all working out for our good if we continue to do all we can the best that we can.



No comments: