Monday, December 2, 2013

.11.

We are nearing the end of our entire first year of Meg...how can that be?  I still look at you and think you can only be 6 months, especially since you are still so short, but you are indeed an almost one year old.  The big development these past few weeks is that you have become a bi-ped.  I catch you walking to and fro between couches, tables, and chairs so much that I almost forget that you have just recently acquired this skill.  You seem so excited with yourself for performing such a feat, and are constantly grinning when you reach your destination without a fall.
With all your new found freedom, you have become even busier.  Church is especially challenging when you see other babies and their toys or sippy cups across the room.  It becomes a total obsession to get to the thing you want, and it takes a lot of distraction to keep you occupied.  Even with being so busy, you are still SO so SO good!  We put up our Christmas tree this week, and you have just sat watching the lights but never grabbing or climbing on or around it.  It has been wonderful to have all the new decorations up and not worry about you wanting to grab everything.
Something that your dad and I have totally loved about you recently is that you have become so snugly.  You give sweet hugs and love to be nuzzled and kissed.  Your brother was and still isn't much of a lover,  but you are, and it is WONDERFUL!  I love how different you two are, because it seems like I get the best of both worlds.
I think you will be a very easy going older sibling, and go with the flow so well.  I'm sure that is why we had you as our number two.  I can't imagine a more perfect baby to have if I'm going to be having another one so close.  God gave us a great blessing when he gave us you!

1 comment:

Allison said...

aw how sweet! Meg is such a good baby not to mention the cutest! Ryan and I always say that we can only hope one day to have kids as well behaved as yours!