Tuesday, September 24, 2013

.collections & the good stuff.

When I was younger I got the idea to start a collection.  At first it was teddy bears.  I think I may have gotten up to 5 when I moved onto spoons.  Spoons, the collection of old women...yeah, I think that started and ended with a single spoon from Disneyland.  Needless to say, I'm not much for collecting.  In fact my natural tendency is to actually throw out anything that clutters, which you can imagine is hard with children.  Within the last two months Finn has discovered his stuffed animals.  He always slept with his little duckies, but now he insists on sleeping with ALL the animals.  2 bears, a dog, a sock monkey, a bunny, and a giraffe.   They have also ALL been given names, and he says goodnight to each of them every night.  In the morning, a select few get to make it out of the room for the day.
The mornings elect few...the duckies are always included in this group.

Meg has yet to really latch onto any toys, but she does sleep with 2 little dog blankets. (just like Finn's ducks).  She sucks and chews on the little knotted ends, and they smell like her sweet baby breath.  She chews on just about anything these days, and rarely eats baby food anymore.  


This morning she double fisted bits of french toast instead of applesauce, because she prefers the "good stuff".

No comments: