Monday, September 9, 2013

.one of those.

It has been one of "those" days.  I'll spare the details of the emotional upheaval for perhaps a later date, but know that it was rough.   My poor kids must think I'm a crazy bucket, as I lost my temper on more then one occasion.  Everything hit the fan at about 5:45 when all 3 kids were crying, I got a phone call, Gavin's dad came for pick up, and the roux for the gravy was starting to burn.  It mellowed temporarily, but only long enough for Finn to dump about 4 tablespoons of flour into my cooked turkey...more screaming from the lunatic, and consequently more crying.
Roy found me sprawled on the bed in absolute silence when he came home, and I told him to keep it that way.  So we sat, cuddled on the bed, letting the silence permeate for a little longer.  I then indulged in a lime popsicle, that almost erased away the day's emotions...almost.
All I can do is try again tomorrow, to be a little better, and be a bit more patient with my children.  But for right now, I'm grateful for wonderful welcomed sleep!

1 comment:

ANG said...

Days like that...oh man. I hate those. Hang in there. Love you.