Tuesday, September 17, 2013

.gates & bread.

It happened...little miss figured out how to move on all fours.  She is quicker then Finn was starting out, like she's been crawling for years.  I kept putting off the stair gates, but after a close call last night, the gates are up.  She has been up close and personal all morning with them trying to figure out this new element in her environment.  And even though I have to climb over and move around them, I have peace of mind that she can't get to the stairs.
 behind bars in her "striped pajamas" 

In Finn news...that kid...he wears.me.out!  He has decided that I'm not doing a good enough job as mom, and has taken on that role all too easily.  I often hear him directing Meg in what not to do or what not to touch.  "Meg no clapping" or "Meg no touch Sinn's books" (yes he calls himself Sinn because he can't quite say his f's).  He just can't seem to help himself, even after all my scolding and telling him that I'm the mom, not him.   
Despite his exasperating moments, he can also be a big help.  He often takes out the dirty diapers, or entertains the babies while I'm changing laundry, or getting ready.  One of his favorite things to help with is making bread.  He loves to pour the cups of flour into the bowl, and watch the wheat grind to flour.  But his absolute favorite thing about bread making is...
licking the bowl clean as if it were cake batter.
eating the raw dough. What a crazy kid!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Ha! That makes me laugh. My kids have ALL loved bread dough, but none more than my Benji. He FREAKS out if I don't let him have a good blob before I form it into loaves. Weirdo kids.

Kay said...

Never seen a kid eat bread dough before. :)

Heather said...

It was so fun to see you and the family yesterday.

My kids all love the bread dough too. Blech!