Thursday, August 8, 2013

.catching up, and getting back to life.

We have returned from our week long stint in Florida, and I'm happy to report we all survived and did very well with all the traveling and off scheduling.  Amidst all of our travels we hit some mile stones- Meg turned 7 months old, and Roy and I hit 6 years of marriage bliss.  But also along the way we have just been living life so I thought I would do a quick recap of recent happenings.

Finn has recently taken up a love for all things water, which is slightly surprising since at the beginning of the year, he couldn't take a shower without many MANY tears shed.  I attribute this sudden love to his new swimmer float.  It has opened up the world of water to that boy, and he is a fan.  He continually asks to get in the shower or tub, and I can't keep him away from the sink in the kitchen for longer then a few hours (he requests to do the dishes probably 5 times a day).

If we go to the pool, he has to be dragged kicking and screaming when it's time to go.  Where as a year ago, he would play for 10 minutes and be done.  He must have more of his daddy's genes then I thought.

Besides loving water so much he can hardly stand it, he is getting more and more territorial.  "Mine!" has become his new motto.  He's been so sweet and loving of Meg until he recently realized that she was getting to curious in "HIS" toys.  We will see what the months ahead hold for these two as Meg becomes more mobile.
He is such a crazy fun kid though, and although he test my patience hourly, I catch myself all the time just staring and smiling at how cute and clever he is.  I love that kid!

I'll cover more of Meg in her 7 month post, but I have to mention that Meg was the easiest child to travel with.  She was happy, and content most of the time...even being awake for long hours.  She is our squishy relaxed girl...which is good with a crazy 2 year old brother.

Roy and I are in recovery mode from vacation.  Roy is happy to be back in a routine, and get back to skating for the year.  He stays very busy, which is how he likes it.  He is a great husband and father who does his best to be a leader and provider for his little family, and we sure love him!
6 years with (crazy eyes) sweets and completely happy!
A full week of vacation, lots of good food, and only one run equals a pound gain for me (i thought it would be much worse).  Running in Florida, even with more oxygen, is still a feat because of the heat and humidity.  I remember the first time I traveled back with Roy and he would go on long runs and come back soaked through with sweat and I thought he was crazy to run in those conditions.  I still think he's crazy...especially after doing it myself.  So I'm going to kick it in gear this next week with eating and more consistent workouts.  I've gotta break these 140's.




1 comment:

Kay said...

Happy that your vacation went well with Meg. That is a huge deterent to travel, I know. The other deterent is gaining weight. I hate that!! Hehe. You are so beautiful Beth! Happy 6th!