Monday, July 15, 2013

.new week.

A new week is starting, and it will inevitably hold a mix of the good and bad that life has to offer.  To start the week off right though, I woke with the sun (5:30 to be exact), fed the baby, and ran for the first time in months.  It felt good...really good.  Not only because it wasn't deathly hot yet, but also just being outside and seeing the beauty of the world and breathing the fresh air.  I've been pretty good doing my indoor regimen, but I needed a change of pace.  I think I'll throw in a few long runs a week just to keep things interesting.  I was also happy to see this...
Slow as a snail I swear, but we will get there...eventually.  That leaves 6 pounds to go before I'm at pre-pregnancy weight of 137.  Of course I would like to keep going and shoot for 130-125, but that is a long ways off for sure.  Right now, I'll just do what I can do and knock down those pounds one by one.

Other things that have required my attention...
I have decided to watch another little dude to make a little extra for the family.  My dear friend Carla, has the sweetest little boy, and he has adapted to our crazy house almost seamlessly.  With little Mr. we are pretty much home bound for a good portion of the week, but we still manage to get out and enjoy the summer with friends, and I'm learning how to juggle life with another little baby around.  Everyone has to wait at some point of the day, but eventually everyone gets what they need.

Besides babies and early mornings, we are getting ready for the summer of weddings.  We have 4 weddings within 2 months, two of which are our brothers.  We will be traveling to Florida in about two weeks to see Roy's brother get hitched.  If it wasn't Florida in August I would be excited, but as it is, I think I might want to die from all the heat...wish me luck.

2 comments:

Colette said...

Such cute little kids - you know I love them lots!!

Wendy G. Atkins said...

Well you've surpassed me in weight loss! I think I'm stuck at 145 and will never see 128 ever EVER again.