Sunday, June 2, 2013

.5.

Miss Meg,
it's your big 5 month bench mark!  you are growing more everyday, and we can't seem to get enough of you.  I read a story in the news the other day about an abandoned new born, and my heart just ached.  I had to hold and kiss you even more that day...letting you know how much you're loved and wanted.  I hope you know that, because you are.  You're brother has been a sick ornery mess lately, and you have been the bright spot in my days during his terrible two tantrums.  You just talk, laugh, and coo at me all day, and I very much enjoy your easy going nature.  You have started grabbing everything that gets within your reach.  Changing your clothes has become a longer process because your hands are so grabby.  Dad also finds it hilarious that you seem to be just as adapt at grabbing with your toes as with your hands.
We've officially reached the stage were everything goes into your mouth.  You're particular favorites are of course your fingers, and your lower lip.  I haven't adequately captured it yet, but that lip is getting a lot of miles.
We are still waiting for the inevitable roll.  You are getting so close, like you're standing at the edge of a cliff just waiting to make that last step...but we are still waiting.  Brother was a slow roller too, he didn't do it until closer to 6 months, so we shall see when you decide to take that "last step".
You are officially sleeping in your own room now.  The pack n' play is put away, and Finn and you have become natural sleeping buddies...more natural than I had anticipated.  You had started sleeping in 3 hour sets again, and I couldn't figure out why, until I realized you were grabbing the blanket and waking yourself up thinking you were going to get some food from whatever was in your hand.  We have instigated swaddling again at night and it seems to have done the trick.  You are once again sleeping 6-7 hour stretches.  I'm kind of waiting for that magic night when you will sleep your first 10 hour night, and then I will know that you're ready to sleep through the night with out a night feeding.  But until then I'll appreciate getting as much sleep as I do.
At your 5 month mark, you had your first taste of cereal.  It wasn't much to speak of since it's mostly just to get you used to the idea of eating solids.  It kind of breaks my heart to think of you as old enough to eat solids, but I'll have to get over it.
Thanks for being a happy pleasant baby that lights up our world.  You're the perfect combination of beautiful and chub, and it makes everyone around you happy.  We love you!

I don't know if I've said it enough, but i LOVE those cheeks!

Happy girl



"I love my fingers."

She was fussing one night while I was making dinner, and when I finally got the chance to go in and check on her, she was already out.  So sweet!