Tuesday, May 21, 2013

.sunshine in the storm.

Last week was not a better week.  In fact I would say is was darn near exhausting on so many levels.  Sick kiddos, terrible sleep, and super busy husband is a perfect set-up for a long week.  I was in full self pity mode Sunday when Roy and I finally had a chance to sit together and talk.  The conversation culminated in being grateful for all that we have that is good instead of being broken by all that is wrong. This is just a small test, with bigger life challenges ahead of us, but somehow it felt like the weight of the world on my shoulders.  I  know it's ok to feel days of frustration, and exhaustion...its life after all, but it's what you do about it that matters.  I read the conference talk about a sure foundation on Sunday, and it resonated with me.  There is going to come times for all of us when our hearts will fail us, and that's what will really test what we know.  I suppose when I thought about that, I realized I needed to be building my foundation during these smaller obstacles of life, in preparation for the bigger tests of life.  For me that started with recognizing the good things in the trenches.

So for the good things...
Finding an affordable solution to my health changes
Loosing another pound this week so I'm almost down 10 pounds (ughh...it's arduous work)
Having a garden for some good soil therapy
Wonderful rainy days...I love rainy days almost more then anything
A boy named Roy, and his ability and willingness to work
Two beautiful children...I mean I know I'm biased, but just look at them

Finn's poor eyes, and this is actually a lot better then they have been in days

Meg is all sweetness


I kind of like them a lot



There is so much sunshine in the world, even during the storms, if we just look for it.

No comments: