Monday, June 17, 2013

.from the weekend.

Monday morning...we meet again.  We didn't do anything of real excitement this weekend, but I thought a little catch up never hurt anyone.
We (me and the kids) get stuck at home most of the time these days.  That's what happens when between the two of them they sleep 6 hours a day, and never at the same time.  Finn and I spend most of Meg's nap times outside fitting in as much play out of the house that we can.  Workouts get done sometime in the morning while Finn eats breakfast and Meg plays, and some days 40 minute workouts turn out closer to an hour because I'm stopping to clean and feed children.  It's not the most ideal situation, but I'm making it work with the stage of life right now.  It's seems to be working too.
 This is even after a weekend of crap eating.  I'm talking hot dogs and fries with fry sauce, ice cream, more than a few cookies.  Sunday I made Roy's favorite waffles that taste just like cake so you can imagine how healthy those are.  I had a healthier dinner of grilled fish and veggies, but then finished off strong with an Italian soda, and a few more cookies.  Like I said...crap!  I can only imagine what I would have weighed if I had actually ate decent.  Oh well, I'll just keep trying to be better and sweating hard.
I asked Roy what he wanted for Father's day, and he said he wanted to see the new Super Man movie.  So Saturday we got out for a rare date.  I say rare because Meg absolutely refuses to take any kind of bottle, and has pretty much refused cereal too.  That leaves me as the sole provider of food, and perpetually tethered to little miss.  Needless to say, it was a great gift for me too.
Father's day was spent with family and Finn being lots of boy.
He acquired this nice shiner as he was excitedly running towards the ladder for the zip line (which he refers to as a crane).  He also cut his toe, and has continued to whine in pain every time he catches a glimpse of said toe.  Aggghhh, the joys of parenthood!

No comments: