Friday, November 16, 2012

.getting there.

We're into the single digit with weeks left remaining, and I'm excited and nervous all mixed up in one.  I can't wait to be able to move without hurting, I can't wait to have the anxiety of labor over with, and I can't wait to meet baby girl.  But I'm nervous for all the changes that having another baby in the house is going to bring, and I'm nervous about how the labor will be, and when it will be here (anytime after Christmas and before the 15th works for me).  Overall I don't usually have time to think about it too much, except when I should be sleeping.  I'm able to stay active and busy with Finn and try enjoy these last few weeks of just him and me.
This last trimester has been good to me overall.  I've even been able to sleep better these past few weeks, and I cannot tell you what a relief that has been!  Last night I began feeling more cramping contractions along with my braxton hicks until about 2:30 in the morning.  I almost called the mid-wife for fear of what my body might be trying to do, but they eased off and I haven't felt them at all today.  Hopefully it was just my body prepping and doing it's thing.  You would think having gone through this before there would be less uncertainty, but in some ways I feel more.  I guess all the unknowns will be answered in the very near future, but I'm hoping we can make it through the Holidays without any surprises.

No comments: