Wednesday, November 14, 2012

.a little bit of everything.

I've been less then diligent about keeping up with this blog the past few weeks.  It seems that every time I have an idea or something new to share, I put it off until the moment has passed and I no longer feel inclined to blog.  Life is feeling a bit in limbo right now (as I remember it did right before Finn was born), mostly because you are aware the rhythm of life that you have been used to is about to change forever, and you're not sure if your ready for that change.  I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else but me, but that's how I've been feeling and I guess I'm just trying to take it all in before it changes. In the mean time here are just some of the randomness floating around la vista dr recently.

Brushing a toddlers teeth can be quite literally, "like pulling teeth"!  Today, while getting him in the car, I noticed how awfully disgusting Finn's teeth were.  We brush everyday, but it's quite difficult to wrestle with an almost 2 year old who for some reason decided that recently he hates getting his teeth brushed.  When we got home this afternoon I plopped Finn into the medicine hold and scrubbed those white nubs down good and thorough.  Finn, of course screamed through the whole ordeal, but at least I can rest assured that they are clean.  If there are any secrets to successful teeth brushing that I don't know about please feel free to share them with me.

Making weekly menus can be some of the most tedious work.  Does anyone else feel like they cycle through the same 10 go to meals?  Especially at this point in my pregnancy, I just don't feel like branching out and trying something new that will require me to do more work (i.e. look up a recipe).  Roy is no help in this matter when asked what he wants for dinner he reply's, "food"...absolutely useless!

I'm sad that all that good snow we got last week is melting away.  Finn, like his daddy, is not a fan of the cold.  He is curious about all the white stuff on the trees and ground and wants to step in it and touch it, but as soon as it touches his bare skin, he starts shaking his hand and saying cold in his whiny voice.  I guess I'm all alone in this family as a fan of winter for right now.

I keep getting asked when baby M is going to arrive,  all I can say is her due date is anywhere between the 8th and the 18th (10 day grace period).  I keep hoping for a 38 week arrival like Finn, but I can't help but think she might come on Finn's birthday...and I really don't want that.  It's out of my control, but I'm really hoping she doesn't come on the 15th.

The last couple of weeks I've been feeling "stuck" again...trying to change and wanting to change, but not seeing any momentum change in my life.  However, I'm realizing that I'm needing a lot of patience in this matter.  I'm needing greater faith in the Lord's timing and path for us.  Even this week we have been greatly blessed with daily miracles that let me know that the Lord is intimately aware of us and our needs.  All I can do is keep trying and know that his blessings our ever present in our life, instead of wishing for instant change and gratification.

I had more thoughts, but as I've been writing they seemed to have slipped into the dark corners of my memory, where a lot of things go lately.  I'll be catching up to speed with baby at the end of this week so I won't be gone too long.



1 comment:

ANG said...

You will make this transition with ease and grace, just like you did when Peach was born. Things will work out.