Tuesday, June 8, 2010

.watermelon.

Whilst sitting down last night, slicing away at a watermelon, all I could think about was how much I absolutely love watermelon. It's just so dang good, and they are finally coming back into season. I find that summer is only bearable with good camping trips, lots of water, and of course copious amounts of cold juicy watermelon. I love that my nieces and nephews will grab a slice in each hand and greedily devour them clear down to the rind. It really does my heart good!
Sadly, my love of watermelon is only matched by Roy's disdain for the watery fruit. He considers it a waste of space, and not worth a second thought...poor kid doesn't know what he's missing out on.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

gotta admit, i don't enjoy the eating of the watermelon. i enjoy watermelon flavored things, but it is so messy. and i just can't get over it.

ANG said...

My #1 favorite thing in summer is eating watermelon. My #2 favorite thing is watching a kid in nothing but a diaper on the grass - devouring it - covered in juice. (hose handy)

judi said...

Clint doesn't like watermelon either. He's missing out! He doesn't like any melon out there. I think I will go grab a slice of some yummy watermelon. I am hungry now.