Wednesday, May 26, 2010

.it hurts so good.

Last night I was learning some new skills, namely those of a lacrosse nature. It was a good night for 2 reasons.
First, I got to hang with Amanda, one of my awesome maimaids. She plays for the high school lacrosse team, and she is amazing! So who better to teach an armature such as myself than a pro of Amanda's nature. She kept saying that I was better than some of the girls on her team, even as I kept dropping the ball and scrambling around looking like an idiot. Thanks Amanda for building my confidence, even if you had to lie to me to do so.
Second, I got to see Roy in one of his finest moments. He came over later to "show us up" as it were. He was his usual sassy self, questioning Amanda's skills and reasoning of the game. In one such instance he claimed that he could run with the ball in the pocket of the stick without worrying about cradling the ball and that Amanda wouldn't be able to get it. Well of course Roy took off running with Amanda hot on his heels wanting to prove him wrong. In the next instant Roy is flat on the ground and soaked up to his waist in stinky canal water. Amanda and I were both on the ground crying with laughter, and Roy kept saying to Amanda, "why didn't you tell me there was water over here." Roy, of course in his discombobulated state, didn't reason that Amanda had only realized there was water there the instant Roy went down. I of course couldn't miss the opportunity to document Roy in his humiliation.
The backside was the worst, plus I love Amanda's face in the pic.
All in all it was a good night...at least for me. Thanks Amanda and Roy for the entertainment!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

lacrosse is a violent sport, just be glad a wet behind is all he suffered. and i love the pictures.