Thursday, May 13, 2010

.i want my lip back.

I noticed something this morning when Roy's HUGE head got stuck in his shirt. There is a massive canker looming in my mouth and, as with most canker's, it's a killer. It's making simple tasks such as smiling, eating, & talking very difficult. It's funny when you loose something how quickly you learn to appreciate it. This idea has been on my mind lately, but I haven't said anything for a lot of reasons that I don't want to get into here. All I have to really say is that I'm grateful that God takes things away because, for me at least, that's when I truly learn how much that something meant to me. Although, I must confess, I don't always find the value of what God is teaching me in the moment...instead it's easier to focus on the "why me" aspect, and fall into that awful pit of self misery. But somehow it all manages to come out in the end...kind of like this post. I don't know how I got from Roy's head to this, but I did. I guess all I have to add is that God's gifts can be mysterious things, but sometimes they can be as obvious as spending a night riding bikes with Jess.

Can I just say I love the Young Women!

2 comments:

ANG said...

I hope your canker sore didn't get in the way of your bike ride. :) All in God's good time, Beth. You're awesome.

Elena Lunt said...

I hope Roy is ok with the fact that his head reminded you of your canker... ;)