Monday, March 15, 2010

.what the heck??.

Recently at work we had a new hand dryer installed in our bathroom. Call me old fashion, but I really perfer towels over the blowing air any time. So it comes as no surprise that I'm not a fan of our new hand dryer. To add to its appeal, it's one of the new SUPER CHARGED, DRY YOUR HANDS IN 2 SECONDS, HOLD ONTO SOMETHING OR YOU'LL BLOW AWAY! kind. So instead of the quite mopping of paper towels, you get a sound akin to a jet engine taking off...it's honestly quite distracting. Can't we just go back to basic paper towels?

In other completely non-related news.

Apparently I got my weekends messed up because this weekend was no bueno for washing cars and the such. We woke up to beautiful ominous clouds and I was excited...for surely spring cleaning your car takes second place to a wonderful torrential downpour.However, that excitement passed when we walked out of the oval to a wintry blizzard. Spring rain I'm okay with, but what the heck with the snow...I just don't know if I'm up for any more of it. Luckily, we only had to brave the storm while walking to and from our car at the Home and Garden expo, but more than the storm we braved the crowds of people at said expo. Roy was showing obvious signs of crowd fatigue after only 30 min, and I wasn't doing much better. However, we finally managed to walk the entire expo and see lots of cool things.

4 comments:

ANG said...

I love those super-sonic hand dryers! They're so exciting!... except I guess it might get old if you had to listent to the roar 20 times a day at work.

Colette said...

I agree that the paper is better than the air . . . however I find those hand dryers that you dip your hands into (so it blows air on both the front and the back) are pretty cool.

Kay said...

I always like to take the paper towells when I'm done and wipe off around the sink. Otherwise there ends up being a lake across the counter from all the drips.

judi said...

Couldn't stop laughing at your "Super Charged, blow dry your in 2 seconds, hold onto something.....

You just know what to say and how to say it to make me laugh! By the way!
I hate those air dryers, they have one at the ihop in Riverton and Lili didn't want to go back into the bathroom (like 2 weeks later) because she remembers nearly being blown over by the air dryer the first time. Good Times!