Thursday, March 11, 2010

.randomness.

some of my rumpled thoughts of the day:

good books: I just finished reading "Anne of Green Gables", and I loved it! It was nostalgic and imaginative. But really what else could it be with a main character such as Anne. I wish I had read this book sooner.

hairy legs: It's the shocking truth, sometimes (a lot of the time) I lack the motivation to shave my white legs. It truly drives me nuts to have unshaven legs, but sometimes it's just too much aggravation to spend that extra 10 minutes in the shower.

box elder bugs: These are the bane of my existence. I can't stand these little black and red pests. Every year around this time, they can be found scattered on my south wall. I feel no remorse when they are crushed underfoot...seeing as they multiply exponentially.

my face: I realize this is a vain thread here, but really I wish I had skin that didn't still think I was a teenager. Lately makeup hasn't even been able to cover the imperfections.

perspective: Having just made a big deal about my face, this may seem laughable. I'm not always good at this, but perspective really makes things incredibly bearable...and for that I'm grateful!

dirty car: Fran is in need of some serious deep spring cleaning.
gorgeous weather: With a weekend of blue skies I might be able to get to that car cleaning without feeling like it's useless.

the gym: Until we get a little further along in this spring weather, the gym (and Jill) will be keeping me company at night. Morning exercise is a futile attempt and often unprofitable...so nights it is.

sweets: Lately, I've had an insatiable appetite for sweets. Anything I can get my hands, which explains why me and the gym are becoming great friends.
and so it goes....cheers!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I really enjoyed this post. It was quite enjoyable!

Elena Lunt said...

You are absolutely right about Anne of Green Gables. It's one of those books that brought my emotions out to the surface: while reading it I cried and laughed out loud.

Colette said...

Hmm, I enjoyed this for multiple reasons.
1. You will always be able to get away with hairy legs because no one will know if you have hairy legs or just glitter lotion on unless they rub against them!
2. I too agree with the box elder bug issue. They serve no purpose - I researched it once. They are only here to help us learn to deal with annoying pointless things.
3. I laugh at some things listed having just talked to you recently about things!!!