Monday, January 26, 2009

Glutton for punishment

I don't know why I repeat things hoping that maybe...just maybe it will be different this time. Whatever the reason though I find myself continually going through the motions of something that will inevitably bring me pain. This morning was no exception. I had the hankering for a refreshing smoothie and as I pulled out my ingredients I had the idea of throwing the chocolate protein powder into the mix. Now I've made a chocolate morning smoothie before, actually several times before, and it never turns out well. I always talk myself into "the chocolate" by rationalizing that if I just add such and such or don't as much of this or that it will be the perfect chocolate smoothie that I have envisioned...but yes folks each time I'm disappointed. And as you may have guessed, this morning brought more disappointment to the table. Memo to self: stick with the vanilla...it never lets you down.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I am witness to the fact that the chocolate protein powder just doesn't cut it...

Amy and Micheal said...

Ah chica, bless your heart for trying. If you ever do find that perfect chocolate one though... pass it my way!