Monday, February 2, 2009

lop-sided

I paid a lovely little visit to the dentist today, and while I can't say it's my favorite place to be, it could be worse. He is very good at listening to his patients needs and is very sensitive about my fear of all things dentist. So in I went, and an hour later out I came with that weird numb sensation on left side of my face. It's that feeling of not really knowing what's going on on that side of your face. I mean your talking and smiling and everything sounds ok, but you can't tell if you look ok. Well as I was passing the mirror as I was leaving I glanced over to see I looked like a stroke survivor (no offense meant). I instantly became very self-conscious and kept covering up my mouth as I was talking to the receptionist. My fear was only magnified when I returned to work and Jill gave one look at my smile and bust out into fits of laughter and started asking if she could take a picture. I can't blame her, I would want a picture of me if I was in her place as well, but the answer is no, and I'm going to be hanging out in the bathroom until I can feel my face again.

No comments: