Monday, July 28, 2008

a lil' yellow jersey and a new dream


So Roy and I (but mostly Roy) have been following the Tour de France this year. It's been fun to see all the bikers peddling their way through the countryside of France and ultimately back to the Champs Elyse es in Paris. As many of you know I love to travel, and for all my dreaming of traveling the back roads of Europe I have never really desired to travel to France. At most I would love to see the Louve, but that was the extent of my appeal for France. However, after watching the pelaton meander through the Pyrenees, and traverse time forgotten villages in the rural countryside and finally sprint past the Place de la Concorde and down the Champs Elyse es I have a strong desire to see these beautiful places. One of the big motivating factors is that I just want to say Champs Elyse es to someone and have them understand me. It's fun to say you should try it!

No comments: