Friday, October 25, 2013

.more october goodness.

I decided I was done looking at those pregnancy tests at the top of my page, so I'm updating with more of our October adventures.

Last week we made it up to the zoo with Lucas and Emory...or course we didn't realize we planned it for the Friday of UEA weekend, but I suggested we get there as soon as the zoo opened to avoid the crowds, so we fared well enough before 11.  Finn was busy and running like a crazy goose with Emory   looking at the animals, while Meg whined and whined in her stroller (who can blame her, it was her nap time).  Finn was able to ride the carousel again, and loved it.  After the zoo we had a nice, albeit a bit brisk, lunch up Millcreek.  Even though most of the leaves had already fallen it was still a beautiful day.  I tried to get some good pictures of the day, but it was impossible as I had my hands full with busy tired kids.
Speaking of pictures, we took family pictures the next day, and it was pretty much the most painful experience.  If you don't know this, miss Meg is a bit of a stoic personality, and we couldn't buy a smile from her.  Finn is just a busy 2 year old who doesn't do real smiles very often (he prefers the super cheesy, eyes closed grins).  Surprisingly, we got a few good family pictures, and several great ones of Finn.  Meg on the other hand only had about 2 decent photos *sigh* oh well.  We now have some new photos of the family and kids to put up...until next year I suppose.
This week we have a busy docket of Halloween festivities, including the ward carnival that we had on Wednesday.  I finished the kids costumes just in time, and had decided that Roy and I would be costume-less this year.  Roy surprised me by coming home with costumes for us.  I chose the smaller child-sized hot dog, and Roy is a pickle this year....leave it to Roy.  The pickle paid off though, as we won one of the family costume prizes.
 Meg...our drooly owl...she popped out her second bottom tooth a month after the first one.
 Daddy the pickle and the owl
 My little minion, and Lilly bug as thing 1 showing their stuff in the parade.  These were the only pictures that Finn would let me get of him.
 Finn especially loved the doughnut eating booth
He even did it with no hands
We had a good time, even if Finn gets completely shell shocked in big crowds and lines of people.  He is very much an introvert like his daddy.
Today we have Meg's 9 month appointment (even though she is nearly 10 months), and scary movie night with Jo Jo.  And tomorrow is the big family Halloween bash...should be lots of fun, and keep us plenty busy!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Finn is the cutest little minion I have ever seen! I loved your family costumes :)