Monday, April 15, 2013

.not normal.

first things first...
down 4 pounds this week...what?!?  Let me just say, this has everything to do with having a migraine for the ENTIRE week.  That's right, a whole week of migraine action.  Apparently, that is completely normal, so is having numb hands and crazy taste buds.  I noticed on Tuesday, that sweet things had a nasty bitter after taste, but even salty things had lost a lot of savor.  Needless to say I haven't really felt like eating a whole lot when I can't enjoy it.
I was starting to feel crazy in my head after a week of chronic pain (so much more appreciation for people who deal with it).  But last night, at a dinner, a friend of mine who has dealt with lots of migraine, eased all of my worries, and even gave me some helpful advice on what to take to deal with the pain, because caffeine and nursing babies don't mix.    I'm hoping that this migraine wraps itself up this week, because I'm really quite done with it.

A week ago I got it in my head that I wanted to change the colored wall in our bedroom.  Am I the only person who changes their mind about paint colors 6 months after painting?  Well of course a project that should have only taken a few hours, took ALL day.  Things with 2 children take infinitely longer.  But it's finished now, and I like the color (for now).  Also I did Meg's hand print to hang next to Finn's.  I love those little hands of my babies!

speaking of babies, Meg and I got a lot of one on one time this week because Roy took Finn to give me a break everyday after work.  I LOVE that man, he has been so wonderful to take so much on this week to help with my pain.
Oh and the peas, onions, lettuce, beets, and chard are all popping up.  It's a beautiful thing!

2 comments:

Kay said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling a little better. Good thing you got everything planted before this nasty winter returned this morning. :)

ANG said...

I am so sorry about the migraine and all it's symptoms (who knew it would effect your taste?)